'soli deo gloria'

Thursday, September 07, 2006

How have Winter Warmers been??

Did you memories your short forms, asked William Ban (supervisor). This was the very first question that I have to answer at my first day of work. Given a pen and paper my short forms where then being tested. At my first week of work, I struggled hard just trying to memories the short forms, table numbers, things and numbers of white sugar, raw sugar, creamer and all shorts of powder to put on different kinds of coffees and orders. I really intended to quit after working for around one month, as I always thought I would have the opportunity to work in a hospital to gain some hospital experience.

However, as the working days goes on, I gradually start to enjoy myself, making many new friends along the way, with collogues and also with customers. The ‘Aunty Gang’ will always drop by to winter warmers to have coffees and sandwiches, they always like to talk with us, but not to be proud, they especially love. Today, is my last day of work, they say too bad is a vegetarian day for them, but they still took the effort to come in and wish me all the best in my future, we even took a group picture together.

After working for 1 and a half month, I was then introduced into the kitchen, been taught by my sifu, Edwin Toolseram. After some months of training, I was then being officially promoted as a kitchen crew (had a slightly higher pay after that). I eventually start to enjoy myself in work, although I don’t look forward to it, but I still enjoy myself when I am doing it. Looking back at those days, if you where to ask me, Ivan do you miss those working days?? I would most probably say, I don’t really miss those days but I miss those time spent together at work.

As they all know that I would be leaving to Russia to further my studies, many have promised and make appointment with me to threat me meals, Ming even gave me a B’day cake in advance, some of them even shared to buy a 2 in 1 pencil and pen for me. I felt the warm heart from the Winter Warmers staff crew. After working for more than 7 months, I actually enjoyed myself and look forward to work with some of them. Taking this opportunity I would want to say my gratitude to Mary(boss), William, Edwin, YK, Ming, Nelson, P. Lim, P. Ven, S. Yee, Sean, Cristin, Jun, Lalat and also S. Wen. Thank you all so much for all you all have done and also the chances given, May God Bless each and everyone of you all uniquely in His very own special way.

2 Comments:

  • At 07 September, 2006, Blogger Crie8 said…

    i'm so honoured that my name is there..ahahhaha..btw why..all ur comments..nonsense..did u put that on ur own ?? or is just a trend..why sound so sad..?? life is a journey..what u hv today..maybe u won't have it tmrw..so appreciate every moment...for..each time passed the better life is..Take care..*hugz*

     
  • At 07 September, 2006, Blogger Crie8 said…

    i'm so honoured that my name is there..ahahhaha..btw why..all ur comments..nonsense..did u put that on ur own ?? or is just a trend..why sound so sad..?? life is a journey..what u hv today..maybe u won't have it tmrw..so appreciate every moment...for..each time passed the better life is..Take care..*hugz*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home