'soli deo gloria'

Monday, September 11, 2006

My Testimonial Match

Here am I sitting in front of my laptop, trying to recall what happened this afternoon, as the song “Take Me to Your Heart” by MLTR plays on. Today, 10th of September, after coming back from church and my Grandma‘s place, I took a afternoon sleep, woke up at 4 something just before 5pm to prepare myself for my very own testimonial match.
After some warmed up and preparation, the match started, with the usual line up from both sides. For less then 10mins from the blow of the wiser, I had the opening goal from a cross by Richard, I would say good reflex from me, hahaha……….


The match continued with much of laughter and jokes from both sides, although in the between, me and Shaun were being ‘bullied’ by the opposing team but everyone still enjoyed ourselves. As it was my testimonial match, I went all out and picked up some injuries along the way and even made some tackles. The joy from this match was so overwhelming, that it was as if I am a little kid who got a new pair of shoes for CNY.


Conclusion of the match, our team lost 7-3 (I guess, the score was as usual). Had my left eye ‘bengkak’ (thanks to Kelvin, hahaha but it was unintentionally), had scratches on my both legs, (gratitude to Han Chuan, Jin and Z-Yang), had my chess kicked with a loud sound (Tan Han Chuan), replayed the penalty shot by Frank Lampard but the most important of all is that I created the only Hat-Trick of the match, hahaha (but2goals was chances given to me). I enjoyed the game a lot, made myself totally exhausted, but it was all worth.
Thanks to everyone who played the game, bros from The Hiding Place as well as from True Light Baptist Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home