'soli deo gloria'

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Amazing grace

Today’s Sunday sermon was very inspirational and encouraging ------ Amazing Grace. After the sermon, we worshipped with the song Amazing Grace also and it made me reflect back to the Amazing Grace of God in my life for the pass 10 years.

Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

This made me reflect 10years back on Nov, 1997 at the age of 10, I personally did the sinners prayer and accepted God into my life during Vacation Bible School, by my teacher Bro. Ha. Although I was very young at that time but God didn’t make me forget that wonderful moment, the moment where He first showed me His Amazing Grace and saved me to Heaven. Since then, I started going to church on a weekly basis where church really means something to me. It was also the very year that I started to attend True Light Baptist Church.

‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!

It made me think back of my secondary school days, where I struggled with sins and God started showing me the dark side of sin, asking me to go far away from them. He (God) taught me to fear Him and be a good boy. Day by day, He put people into my life and those that I came into contact with. Using them to share to me, helping my fear towards Him to grow more and more. Those Angels at that time where Samuel Chong, Uncle Reuben and Tec Elain. The more I see myself as a worthless sinner to be saved, the more He showed me how amazing His GRACE is.

Thru many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
‘Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

Through many trials and temptations, God has always been very faithful to me. He helped me to trust Him even more and to put my faith on Him and now I have finally come to Russia, I believe this is the place where He had prepared me to go to for the pass years. And I believe from here is where He is going to prepare and lead me to a better future, molding and shaping me to be the man that He wants Ivan Khoo Kay L’erh to be. His grace is always sufficient for me.

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.

Last year, when I came to Russia for my 1st year of studies, it was full of excitement with the fear of unknown for the future. And this time before coming back it was the fear of the known that is in me (if got chance than only will share what it is). But once again God affirmed me with His promises and reminded me to trust Him but nothing else.

And when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess within the veil
A life of joy and peace.

This brings me 7yeras back when I started joining my church’s family camp at Langkawi Island, joining youth fellowship and BB. Since than, my joy and peace just keeps on coming and overflowing me from within even until yesterday when it was my birthday (I’ll have a special blog for that next time, today a bit busy but still need to share God’s Amazing Grace).

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Then when we’d first begun.

I just really wanna thank God for His Amazing Grace and with the uncountable Blessings that comes together with it. I really hope that my sharing will be an encouragement to everyone of U. If you are not a Christian, then I really hope that U could give yourself, me and God a chance. Try going to a church although you might not know what to expect. To me, becoming a Christian was the best part of my life and I really pray that it will also be yours. U might not be able to trust God, but trust me, just give it a chance because U never know what will happen.

This where what that came through my mind today while I was worshipping, the images and memories where refreshing and encouraging, that’s why I wrote this blog as soon as I got back. To my readers, God Bless and Emmanuel (God with Us). I'll try to get the song and post it, or do anybody have it?


- kHoO_7^@N -

2 Comments:

  • At 16 September, 2007, Blogger Earl Grey said…

    happy tat u r standing strong in faith. i'm always ur visitor of ur blog. glad to hear more about u here. keep in touch. i'm goin to genting tis 29/9 wif a bunch of girls...now back to home-sweet-home,enjoying the warmth moment~ take care oh u! HAppy 20th bday =)

     
  • At 22 September, 2007, Blogger Earl Grey said…

    hey guy...tmr going back penang lo me,don noe when can online again...well,u take care n have fun in ur Y2 la...n so m i...hehe...God bless oh!remember wat u promised me nah...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home