'soli deo gloria'

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Diakonos(Greek) - Servant(English)

Today after the service, I and 3 other bros of the church were called aside, 4 in total. Our pastor is calling us to serve as deacons of the Koinonia Fellowship (the church I attend). By the way, Koinonia is a Greek word for fellowship. He gave us some Bible verses and list of responsibilities. I personally thank God for the opportunity to serve Him and also the chance given by Koinonia and my Pastor – Frank (American). My heart was beating when he told us about it, I really want to serve God more but sometimes I feel very pressure as by far I am still a junior (in age and academic years but next month got juniors coming d, hehehe…….. ). Please keep me in prayers, especially when I see the need of correction in the fellowship and also at times to be a reminder to bros and sis in Christ. Generally, my duty is like the 7 that where chosen in ACTS 6:1-7

To my non-Christian friends, Deacon is like someone who helps up in taking care the needs and spiritual life of people in church. And YES, It’s not like those in TV where they wear canggih – canggih outfit, I still wear batik. I also don’t need to be vvvvvv old in age, it’s other matters that are taken into account to be elected as a Deacon.

Please continue to keep me in prayers and my service to Him, to ALWAYS be humble before HIM and WILLINGLY to trust HIM and FOLLOW His will and plans for me.

2 Comments:

  • At 13 September, 2007, Blogger Ev@n_Co0! said…

    That must be great news..

    Seek first His Kingdom and honour and the rest will be added onto you....

     
  • At 16 September, 2007, Blogger Earl Grey said…

    hey hey,ivan,good news! deacon...hmmm,last year i first came across this word. my fren's dad is one of the deacon of PCC. sounds like 'zhang lao' to me...but i noe the post itself has high responsibility oh! but nvm la, u have God who strengthen u all the time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home