'soli deo gloria'

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thought of the Day (II)

When I just continue my days without thinking about things that I use to do last year around this time then I am fine, I have no problem continuing my daily activities – marketing, studying, go to university, rest and all those basic stuff. However, when I start to thing back about how my life and activities where last year, then I seriously miss those days so very very much, where no words can explain. The feeling is just like locking U in a separate room where U can’t even see yourself or even your shadow, everything is so dark. All U can hear is just laughter and joyful spirit from the room opposite.

I always thought then when I come to Russia, I’ll miss my friends like a crying baby. But I was wrong, I actually miss my parents and family the most. The times spend together and memories we had. Every week all I can do is just to webcam with them through this little screen of mine, without any physical touch or daily encouragement. However, I am still very glad (as weilup said we might be sad, but we have the spirit of God and we will always remain joyful), because I never thought that I can use webcam over here, I thought that I can just chat through the phone only.

The other thing that I am thankful about is the opportunities given to me, so far being here for less then 3 months; I am the weekly guitarist for my church, in one occasion I was also given the opportunity to play the guitar and sing a song representing the Malaysian students during International students day which came out on the daily news and also to present a song in one of the church service, best of all is that on this Sunday on Christmas Eve, I am asked to give Benediction to the congregation. One more thing is that, I am the captain of the Ping Pong team which will represent Volgograd’s Malaysian students next year in Moscow for competition.

I actually didn’t see all these things coming, thanks to God I was given the opportunity. However, my friends back in Malaysia can never be replaced, at times I really feel down and can’t find anyone to really talk about it, but I understand close friends don’t just come from the factory, that’s why I am waiting patiently for the Blessing of God, so far in my group I am closer to W. Fung and Lee, 2 occasion where me and Lee were actually studying, then halfway we just started talking and it went on non-stop until 12 something then only we go and sleep, it happened again yesterday.(18-12-06)

Ivan says: I love God, my Family, Friends and the food in Malaysia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home