'soli deo gloria'

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thought of the Day

Things and events has just flied, thinking back at the end of last year, where me, Evan, Tatt and Chong Yi we went to sent Jin off to KL, as he was going to find Ruth. That day was also an important day for me and for my future, it was the day where I got my SAM results. Early in the morning around 6am Evan and I drove all the way down to Hiding Place to check our results online, the results for us are negative, being so sad and disappointed with our results, and then there came Tatt with the others at the front gate of Hiding Place around 7am in the morning, we all went together for breakfast then sent off Jin, later we went to play Dota, I just want to relax, however half way through my mum called up, because we where having the office key, so we had to stop the game and go back. My mum screwed us and she was disappointed as well with our results, here goes this is what happened……….

Mum: So what are your plans now????
Ivan: well according to my results I guess the only place I can go is to Russia….. (I thought my TER was 75).
Mum: It’s not to say you can get whatever you want !!!!
Ivan just kept quite but deep down in his heart he never wanted to go to Russia, “siao ah go until so far buat apa !!!!! ”

At that moment of my life I considered, do I really have what it takes to realize my aspirations and dreams of my life???? Is it God’s will for me not to become a doctor??? (Considering at my low results).
Disappointedly I went to check my results again

Ivan: Yes !!!!!!! (I remember that I shouted really vvvvv loud, but my mum didn’t care about it at all). I was wrong just now, my result was actually 84.55

My heart was so full of joy, that it was as if I am doing bungee jumping.

Mum: Congratulations, at least this is something that I can congratulate you about. I know your dreams but if you don’t have good enough results then there is no point. I don’t really want you to go at the other side of the Earth.
Ivan: Honestly, neither do I.

We where all so excited, when to check out so many places that I may be available to enroll myself into a medical university. First it was, UCSI, then AIMST, then HK-U, then Cairo Uni pula. However, we came back to the very same spot-----Russia. In year 2005 I once said that never in my life would I want to go to Russia to do my medical degree, but guys and gals look at me now, I am writing to you all the way from Volgograd, Russian Territory.

I thank God for everything, for all these unexpected events, it just shows me how Awesome the God that I am believing in is. Yes, I admit that I seriously miss Penang, Malaysia but I thank God because this is Him, it is He who planned all these interesting memories for me to experience and remember, ultimately to trust in Him and know that all I need is Him and His Grace (I am now listening to a song which says that all I need is God and His grace, by United Hillsongs).

Yes, it is very contrast, to all my plans since I was 16 years old. I even prayed to God that may the food fair conducted by TAR Uni at that time will be a success so that they can have enough resources to start their medicine course, after 2yrs it is still the same nothing new. But, so far I am feeling and seeing the grace of God and wonderful events that He is allowing to happen in my life even now when I am in Russia. This experience has made me appreciate my parents even more especially for all that they have done for me since I was a young lad, it is never easy to raise a child like me. Thanks with full respect and gratitude Papa and Mama.

So like what TJ Sir always says “Well……U never know”

All Glory to God for all He have done and is still doing in this little life of mine…….. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home