'soli deo gloria'

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Life in Autumn

My dad has been complaining why didn’t I update myself about the food, weather and other stuffs that have been going on over here. Well, I guess is because I don’t get much replies from my updates so thought what’s the point, right?? Well……I guess I was wrong.

Class
Both our Russian lecturers are good, and even one of them are very concern about our safety and the personal stuffs that we need although she is not our curator. So far the classes are going on fine although they are ALWAYS LONG HOURS but we get breaks in between as well. Our lecturers even brought us around and show us some stuffs or maybe bring us to get some stuffs, quite fun huh??? Don’t have to always be in class and study. But, our lecturer can’t really speak English very well, but we still understand each other through sign languages and ‘rojak’.

Food
For the first week there were 5 of us where we all get together to prepare meals, then we split and divided to 3 of us who are roommates, but starting form tomorrow ( Monday), we all prepare our own meals individually. That’s actually what I always wanted, honestly cause I’m not so particular with the taste of food as long as it is healthy while they are and most of the time they don’t know how to cook and will ask me then after that they give lots and lots of suggestions pula, ishh….. then better they prepare it themselves according to their plans and taste. But they are not bad for a roommate though. (being here so far I’m always the last one to sleep and they allowed me to leave the light on).

Most of the time we prepare meals with rice, so since we are going to prepare our individual meals then I guess I’ll have a weekly timetable of my meals (easier for me to get the raw materials prepared). We have 8 stoves but all are functioned using electricity so it’s kind of slow, got to wait for it to be heated up.

Whether
The whether here is crazy, for the past 2days its quite hot, however today it’s the coldest ever day at my stay in Russia, its around 8 degrees that might be caused by the strong wind as its always very windy over here, adding frezzz to the chillness. But don’t worry everything is still within my shoulder and barer able. Today morning we got ourselves winter blankets which could add fire deep down to our skin. We will be getting carpets next Sun and winter jackets at the following week, as now is still autumn and winter jackets are seldom to be seen. Expecting snow to fall in a month or two, good news for newcomers like us but bad news for our seniors, they might say: ‘ishh…… its snowing again’ whereas to us is like: ‘yes its snowing !!!!’ whatever it is I bet at the beginning of winter all of us will enjoy ourselves then complain about it later but I guess the Russians must be thinking that we have Hurricane Katrina going on in all of our minds, well who cares???

People
Actually the people here are not that bad after all, of cause excluding the rascals and drunken. So, as long as we stay indoor when the Sun sets, then we shouldn’t have any problems or to worry about anything.

Transportation
So far there are no seniors here who owns a car, although there are in Moscow. So all of us uses public transport to go around, as they are quite convenient if where to compare it with those in Malaysia. The common ones are trolleybus and tram, we bought a monthly pass with unlimited access, so is quite worth it.


So to everyone, don’t worry about me I’m doing very good, not really having any stress or pressure yet, still being able to watch Dr. House season 2 (just finished it last night) and play Dota. However, continue to keep me in prayers and of cause don’t ever forget me, take care everyone and God Bless ;)

3 Comments:

  • At 09 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow...seem to enjoy there huh??? the weather is hot?? how hot?? not as bad as malaysia gua...now a lot of haze le.."thanks' to those idiots in indonesia who like to burn... :(

    hey...when u get the number tat can msg 016...dun forget to send me a msg o...
    still rmb my number anot???

    so...all ur roomates are male???

    hmmm...ur cooking indeed are not so good..but since they dunno anythin...they should shut up la..

    rmb 2 send some snow back to malaysia for me o...hehehe..

    ya...try to update ur blog as much as possible la...keep in touch

     
  • At 09 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi there, ur life seems good there... anyway, god will surely bless u 1...ok, hav fun in russia!

     
  • At 11 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there Mr. Ivan Khoo,

    after reading ur blog, it seems like ur life in russia is really good... Studying oversea is really a valuable experience where we'll never ever forget 4 d rest of our lives... So gambateh k! Continue 2 shine 4 god n study 4 god...we're not studying 4 ourselves, our family or frenz but we r studying 4 god! I'll keep u in my prayers... Good nite, Dr. Khoo...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home