'soli deo gloria'

Monday, January 08, 2007

A holiday well spend ;)

Well……here goes my short, meaningful, and kind of a not bad holiday. All of us just hope that this holiday had just started. So, today everything went back to normal. Woke up early in the morning and went for classes, but I’m not too sure whereter is it that everyone is so excited, everyone is early today and I was the last to left but was still early 10mins for class.

Basically in the holiday I finished watching the ‘Prison Break’ series, went for a couple of sports competition and won the 3rd placing for table tennis between international students. We had a simple dinner but very joyful dinner on the 31st of December. While on Russians Christmas eve, I actually wanted to make some pancakes and enjoy it while I watch my midnight movie. However, I took some for my Malay friends, after a while they all came up to my floor with their egg and flour. It seems that they where actually hungry and wanted to fry French fries, so since I was making pancakes, so they all came up and joined the fun.

Yesterday (Christmas Day), me and some of our church members went to 4 hostels to sing Christmas carols, although it was tiring but it was fun, it’s actually the first time for many of them to do caroling and certainly the first time in Russia. Over here, the Christmas celebration is not that Heboh, and they don’t do caroling as well.

Thanks to my mum and some of my Malay friends, I actually tried making a lot of new recipes and food during the holiday. I enjoyed the fun and certainly the food. Although this holiday was short but I enjoyed myself a lot and rested well. I think it’s only in this holiday that I get to stay back at the hostel the whole day because usually we have class until Sat and go to church on Sun. To have a day of holiday here is very rare, aren’t like Malaysia where we got all sorts of celebration and Orang Besar’s B’day, so we appreciated this 1 week holiday a lot.

1 Comments:

  • At 08 January, 2007, Blogger Ev@n_Co0! said…

    That sounds great.Wow..U seem be cooking alot.In dat case I shld oso learn how 2 cook more stuff,but i know i would not nd 2 wory as u r way far from me...haha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home