'soli deo gloria'

Friday, October 27, 2006

Ivan Khoo Kay L’erh ----- Иван Кху Кай Лерх

Well….wondering how to pronounce my name in Russian??? It’s pronounced as (e-v-a-n k-h-oo- k-a-yeh l-eh-r-h). Well, the pronunciation of my name in Russian is somewhere around there. If you all have notice I have actually leaved my native country and hometown for around 1month or so. Not mentioning how much I miss those days and time spend back in my Loveland, I actually want to share some changes that I have seen in me – physically and emotionally.

My hair have grown longer (yah, I know I am just stating the obvious, so what????). I would buy around 1 or 2 box of Milk a week, eat some Russian food sometimes (katleta, kolbaca – sausage besar, and some sort of dumping), it taste not bad. I feel that now I am slightly more immune to the cold weather, although I still need to bath hot water every night as I still tak bole tahan the cold water. I cook my own meal everyday, thanks to my mum’s ‘Simple Recipes’ I can make marvelous food everyday. I bet I can cook much better than Evan, he is far from comparison to me.

I use to go around with my car but now I go around with public transports especially trolleybus (the public transport here is superb convenient compared to the ones in Malaysia). I used to walk around with my head lifted up and looking at public people straight to the eyes, giving smiles to people that I come into contact. However, now there are times at certain place and time where I just got to walk around with my head down and just moving ahead, turn to the other side whenever I notice some suspicious people looking at me, when I am in the bus I would also always go to the front, near to the driver or the bus conductor (just in case the wrong gang of homo-sapiens come in and stand beside me and even give me headache). But there are times when I am in good mood I would still go around smiling at people, especially to the elders. There was one Sunday where my teethes where coming out at the right time, and the old lady gave me a sweet, just can’t believe huh???

Adding on, I am still trying my best to share my life with people over here especially now I am having a hostel life. However, there are still some personality in me which I didn’t leaved it back in Malaysia, I still smile as much as possible, enjoy talking and mixing around with people and still enjoy playing computer games, hahaha…….

One more evolution that I see in me, over here I mixed around with a lot of Indians and Malays, especially Malay girls (don’t worry I will not be a Muslim, hahaha). This is the time that I have actually come into such close contact with Malays.

# The other day, while we where having dinner with seniors that helped us a lot on our arrival, they where saying that every year when there are new students coming in, they where all in high spirits (hoping to find an ideal gf of course), however every time those coming in are not within expectations, it seems that they are getting used to it already. It is like all the ‘girls’ will go over to Moscow rather then Volgograd except Malay girls, so I suggested that next time Russian Resources should use my photos rather then others, I bet you should understand why lah……. #

3 Comments:

  • At 28 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, wow, Ivan really change a lot, i guess people will change by the experience and their surroundings. Did you have digicam there? Do u take any photos, post it up in ur blog la... so dat we all can c...

     
  • At 31 October, 2006, Blogger Ev@n_Co0! said…

    What have hpn to u?Since when u learn how to tell a lie?To everybody out there,pls to do be cheated by Ivan. My cooking skills are much more better than his...haha.

    Since it is free,I want to do a free advertising here...haha!I have my own blog as well.It is
    godwillleadtheway.blogspot.com

    Take care and God bless.
    Looking forward 2 c u soon.

    Ev@n_Co0!

     
  • At 06 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wei... remember just smile to them and not laugh ya... if not they thought you're siao kia... hehehe...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home