'soli deo gloria'

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Stories to Tell

  • Well……today (Sat night) I am very free, so here are some stories that I would like to share with everyone. Interesting ones of course, well…… I guess most of them would be issues that my parents are interested in.

    After coming here I found out that there are a number of seniors that dislike Russian Resources, saying that many things that are promised are not fulfilled, especially Mr. Ng (that’s my agent). However, they like Mr. Alan, for instance, the last year batch they paid 8 K and they said that they actually didn’t do anything much. For our batch we had to pay 10 K pula. Mr. Ng accompanied us to Volgograd, then at one fine day he came to our hostel with our curator, so certainly our seniors took the opportunity to make some complains that they deserve, however Mr. Ng told all of them to settle those problems themselves. Yah, we are all big already and even ‘old’ enough to get married but since we paid them so why not let them made the complains and request on our behalf. Adding on, he said it in front of our Russian curators, so do you think that next time we can still depend on our curators when we have problems??? (Every Malaysian pays them USD 100 a year that is if I am not mistaken)

    Since last year our hostel rental has been increased USD 200 a year, simply because they say that the hostel had buy 5 new washing machine, but most of the time only 2 is being used, so what for we pay so much extra??? When the students went back to Malaysia they made some complains and asked for reasons but it seems that Russian Resources don’t know anything. When they came back after the summer holidays everything was still the same. Recently things have been better, and I guess that credits should be given to ambassadors from JPA, cause after stating our complaints to them, then things only got better, so what do you thing, huh????

    But honestly to me I am so naive, I totally have no idea about my rights or the basic stuffs that I deserved. However, been here for around 1 month I am quite satisfied with the facilities and accommodation given over here, no complains from me.

    Most of the people over here (as in Russians) they don’t have personal transport, because the public transport over here are quite convenient and at low cost, although they increased the charges quite a lot since last year. In general, I guess there are more girls then guys over here but the divorce rate is quite high as many men are alcoholic. Everyday, when we walk to the bus stand, we are certainly to see broken glasses on the road, you can make the guess why lah…….From advised given, we are supposed to avoid policemen as they would always ask for passport, but we should be careful not to let them have it on their hand, if not they will ask for money before they return it to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home